Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Not too sure about this playdoh stuff

Monday we tried playdoh at home for the first time in a long while. Before they used to just eat it, so I gave up on it for a while, but they had been using it now and then at playgroup and doing okay with it so we gave it a shot.

Jack really got into it, squeezing and squishing it , using his "mussools" - that's muscles for those of you who do not speak native 2 year old. And he was using the tools to mash and cut up the playdoh. He really enjoyed it, and played at the table longer than Quent did which never happens.
Quentin still wanted to eat it off his fingers a lot, but slowly he did try to play a little with it. He said "eww" a lot, too. He tried to touch it as little as possible and flicked it off his hands if it stuck to him. Needless to say I went on a purple playdoh hunt after we were done so that none was left on the carpet. We will have to keep working on him.






I had rolled out snakes for them thinking that would be fun, but he just picked it up and said "eewww snake"
I think next time I will make the homemade stuff, that is always better. It stays softer, is easier to clean off everything and smells a whole lot better. And my stomach will probably not turn every time a little guys eats a chunk off his finger :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Funny how Quent liked the water but Jack liked the play doh! Yeah, I was going to buy some this week, but have decided to make some instead - fun to make, cheaper, and less gross! haha! I've heard of the peanut butter play doh too - not sure which recipe I'll use yet.