Thursday, July 31, 2008

BYE, BYE GIANT TONSILS!!

Well, and the adenoids too.

Jack did spectacular today for his surgery! He had a little rough go when he first came out of anesthesia with being in pain and just the effects of having anesthetic, but once we got the pain under control he was much better - snoozing on Momma's shoulder. That made Momma feel better too.

His procedure was at 7:10 this morning (we were actually there at 5:45, ugh) and we were home by 11:00 am. He was bouncing around and playing with Quent, who was SO happy to see "Jackie", and with Len and Kyle. He has done really well keeping fluids going in and even eating some soft foods here and there. I made Jack lay on my bed with me to watch Cars and rest, but I was the one falling asleep, not him. He and Quent did take a great nap (WITHOUT THE CRAZY SNORING!) and both are now lounging with Daddy after a snack. Jack is definitely feeling the effects, but is doing well considering. Hopefully the rest of the recovery will go this smooth.

** Jack got WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL care today, especially because Aunt Jean was there to make everything easy and comfortable. You really did make this experience the best it could be for ALL of us, THANK YOU SO MUCH AUNT JEAN!! WE LOVE YOU!! **

I do have some pictures of him at the hospital that I will get up sometime tomorrow, thanks for your well wishes!

3 comments:

mom2anangel said...

Hi Lisa, I'm glad for the good report. I knew you would all get through it with flying colors!! Talk to you soon.

Love, Amy

Unknown said...

I am soooo glad it went so well! I was thinking about you this morning, hoping that things went smoothly!! Yeah! Hope his pain is tolerable and he sleeps well tonight, too. Kids are sooo resilient! Its amazing!

Big Steve said...

Glad to hear all is well, we were thinking about him!