Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The countdown is on

Tomorrow is surgery day for Jack.

Of course, both boys have been healthy for months and just yesterday Quent started sneezing and being stuffy. Let's hope it just stays with him. I am not sure what would make them not do the surgery for Jack, but I do not want to even be in the position to wonder. The waiting and anticipation is hell enough this time, i do not want to anticipate it again!

So, today is just staying home and getting everything packed for Jack and in order here for Quent. My brother Len and his wife Kyle and staying with Quent tomorrow while we are gone, so he will be in good hands. He may wonder where Jack is when he wakes up and throughout the day, but he will have fun with Len and Kyle.

I need to call today to get the time that he is scheduled for surgery (weird that they only plan the day before, but I guess that way if anyone does cancel because they are ill then they don't have to redo it all the time). He will be one of the first surgeries of the day because he cannot eat/drink and he is too little to wait too long. It will be an early morning!
We are planning that he will have to stay the night, they said that it is not a sure thing that they will keep him, but because of his age they will want to watch him more closely, so he is more likely than others to have to stay. Hopefully, he will not have to, but we will be prepared just in case.

My Mom and Dad will be there with us too, and Aunt Jean (who works in the same day surgery unit) will make sure we are well taken care of for sure. But it is still super scary.
For me I mean.
At this point Jack has no idea, he is too little to try to explain this to, so we will do some talking tomorrow and hopefully we can make it as easy for him as possible. Momma will do her crying/ falling apart after I have to leave my baby Jack for the procedure.

On the upside, he will be so much better for having had this done. He will sleep better, breathe better and hopefully feel better all around. Because he is little he will most likely bounce back quicker and have virtually no memory of it later on.

So, wish us luck and keep us in your prayers for smooth sailing through the surgery and a speedy recovery!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was just thinking about you and the surgery yesterday, as I will be all day tomorrow. I don't envy you...I was nervous enough for a simple MRI last week...can't imagine an entire surgery! good luck! Hopefully he'll pull through like the champ that he is and recover quickly. In our case, Sarah had a tougher time with Jacob being away, so it will be interesting to know how Quent does with Jack gone. Good luck, hang in there. So glad you'll have family with you. I'll be anxiously waiting to see you check in here and know that all went well! *hugs*

cat said...

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.