Friday, June 20, 2008

Those Darn Flip-flops!

Okay so everyone wears the thong flip-flops. The ones that go between your toes.

Well, I hate them.

I try and try to like them. You can barely find a sandal that does not go between your toes. They look cute, I hear other people like them, but jeez, I just cannot seem to get used to them!
Let me tell you about it...

Today we went to Borders for their 11 am storytime. (wore the flip-flops) Quent loved it and sat for all the stories, Jack had to occupy himself in other ways but for the most part he did stay near Gramma and that was good. We did have a couple of instances where he decided it would be funny to take off running from us.
You can't chase a toddler through the aisles at Borders in flip-flops.

Later this afternoon, I had the chance to go to the mall by myself today to get some shopping done for this weekend. (thank you Gramma and Papa) And in a serious lapse in judgment, decided to wear the flip-flops, and since I really had no other shoes with me I kind of had to. They don't take to kindly to barefoot shopping in the Genesee Valley Mall.

Anywhoo, I had to get a new something for me to wear for Tessa's baptism on Sunday. I am her Godmother and I gotta look nice, right?! I wanted button down shirts for the boys and brown sandals for them, too. That's it. Quick trip, right? HAHA

*Now you have to understand I also shop a little more leisurely when I do not have 2 toddlers in a stroller with me. I can take my time and really look at all I want to look at.

So, I started at Burlington - had a return card with some money on it and thought I might be able to find something for the boys there.
Tried on some clothes for me. ICK ICK ICK (waste of time)
Found some cute sandals for the boys AND on sale - Cha-ching!
Did not like any of the button down dressy/casual shirts there for the boys.
Got the shoes and left.

On to Children's Place.
They had one plaid shirt that was semi-cute, but only one and um...I have 2 kids.

Went to Lane Bryant for me. (duh like you thought I was buying boys clothes there :P
I looked at every corner of that store and all the spaces in between.
Tried on dressy shirts and dresses. lots of them.
Wasn't really feelin' any of the outfits I had picked.
On the way out of the store, spot a shirt by the door and dragged myself back to the fitting room to try it on.
Actually, it is kinda cute.
Bought it!

Checked Macy's for boys' shirts.
Nothin'.

Right about now is when I notice that my left foot is hurting pretty bad. Specifically that spot between my big toe and the 2nd toe where that sandal is rubbing the skin right off.
I could probably find something for the boys at JCPenneys but that is down a whole other hallway than where I am at and then I am parked all the way at the opposite end from JCPenney's. That's normally not a lot of walking. But normally my toe is not screaming at me "stop stop!" either.

Here is where I do the total girly thing and suffer through the pain that my shoe is causing just to be able to continue shopping! But I did find very cute stuff for the boys there, so it was semi-worth it.

Upon closer inspection of said foot, I am missing a decent size chunk of skin from the side of my toe. Therefore, I will not be attempting to wear the flip-flops again for a little while.

Too bad my Croc flip-flops just came in the mail today...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh I hate the flip flops that have the thing in between the toes, too! I own only one pair - but they have thicker straps so not all the friction of the sandal staying on is on that spot...much better. Plus, I have really bad feet and NEED good shoes with good support to get around - and as you know - most flip flops don't meet that! Hope your foot heals quickly! Darn blisters!

PS...saw Monica last night at the parade. I had no idea she lived close to me! I assumed she lived down by you since you two were always together! ;-) We'll have to include her in the playdate - whenever we schedule that! Lets look at calendars!