Sunday, June 22, 2008

Tessa, my Goddaughter

Today was my niece, Tessa's Baptism. It was my honor to be asked to be her Godmother. I know that will always be a special bond between Tessa and I.

So, we all went to play and give the kids lunch at Rob and Abby's before the service. Then went back to their house for a dinner afterwards.

All the kids were really good in church (although a little bribe of Cheerios helps a lot!) And Tessa did fantastically! She only fussed when we dared to take the prayer card away from her that she was happily gnawing on. But was calmed instantly when the priest came over, picked her up, and carried her around while he talked. It was so cute. She just loved being the little star! There were 6 other babies being baptized today too, including a set of twins.

Since I was part of the service and Tom was busy with the boys, we did not take pictures with our camera, but when I get some from my Dad and Kyle + Len, I will share some. It was amazing how happy Tessa was for every picture, she would just pose and give the biggest grins. It made all the pictures really good, I'm sure.

Congratulations Sweet Tessa!

5 comments:

debi9kids said...

Congratulations to your little Godmother!

Anonymous said...

I like the new background. . .It's been a little while since I've caught up. . . Wow we've been busy. . .but it has been fun.

Love,
Tom

Unknown said...

Glad all went well!

Unknown said...

I just left you an award on my page! check it out!

Anonymous said...

Ky-Ky put the pics up. I'd put them in e-mail, but I don't know how.