Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The sleep test is over!

Last night was the sleep test and whoo boy am I still exhausted! (as is Jack by the way)

We arrived for the study at 8:30 pm and got Jack all hooked up and ready to sleep, I am thinking that he was asleep some where close to 10:30 or 11:00. There was no clock in the room, so I am not really sure. He had a hard time adjusting to all that stuff on his head, face, chest, side, back, finger, and then 3 belts wrapped around his little belly. He was quiet and calm just took a little while to sleep.

The techs came in the room a few times, again not sure how many - maybe 5 total, to fix something he had pulled off or to readjust placement of something.
What he hated the most was the nasal canula they use to measure his breathing in and out. He cried a lot after they put that on and it was a long while for me to get him back to sleep after that.

On the whole I think he slept as good as he could have given the situation, and they said he did really well for a little guy and they usually have to come into the rooms way more than that.
They were able to get all the info they needed, but the tech could not really tell me any results until the test was "read". Although she was in agreement that this would be the best age to have the tonsils out, he would do well, and it really is the only way to fix these kind of problems. So, without saying he "did poorly" she gave me the impression that he did have problems.

I would have called for the official results, but the boys and I were all napping until after the office closed, so I will call for those tomorrow. I slept horribly, even if he did not wake up for the techs coming in, I did. And then I would use the bathroom and take forever to fall asleep again. ugh. Although, this gave me the opportunity to listen to him at lots of points during the night, which I normally don't get to hear because I do not sleep in the same room with him. And boy can that boy make some noise. I never heard him stop breathing, and hopefully he didn't.

We got home about 7:30 this morning and Quent was happy to see us. (I am sure Daddy was too) Tom said that Quent did fine until he had to lay down in the room alone and go to sleep. That he did not like. So, Daddy had to go in a few times to help him out, but he said he was completely out by 10:00.

Other than playing catch up on sleep and dealing with a pretty cranky Jack today, we had an okay day. I think that Jack and Quent are both excited that Jack is back sleeping in his own bed, hopefully it will be a good restful night for all. I will update when we know the results for sure and what the plan will be.

**Thanks to my twin- mommy friends for their comments of support! It means a lot!

Now, I am super excited to sleep in my own bed tonight though :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, I'm sure your anxious to get the results! Glad you both got through it without too much trouble. Hopefully you both caught up on some sleep, too!