Thursday, June 5, 2008

6 Words - I got tagged!

Okay, so I got tagged by Barb (A Tale of Two Twinkies), from my mother's of multiples group. And the funny thing is I had no idea what this tagged stuff was about, but I have seen it on others blogs, and here i am - Tagged! I feel so cool! (yes, I am a dork, who talks to toddlers all day, so this is exciting to me)

Here's the deal:

The Meme originated over an idea that was prompted by the book written by Larry Smith and Rachel Fershleiser, Not Quite What I was Planning: Six Word Memoirs by Writers Famous and Obscure. It's a compilation based on the story that Hemingway once bet ten dollars that he could sum up his life in six words.
His words were- For Sale: baby shoes, never worn.


Here are the rules:
1. Write your own six word memoir.
2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like.
3. Link to the person that tagged you in your post and to this original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere.
4 .Tag five more blogs with links.
5. And don’t forget to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play!

So, Barb's was - Blessed with more than I'd imagined.
Pretty darn good, huh?

And I have been lamenting over what mine would be, I have come back to this post too many times to edit it before I published it so that I can actually have something that I like and that seems to fit.

It has really got me thinking. A lot has happened in the last few years. Super high, wonderful events and extreme low depths of tragedy. It's a lot to think about when you are looking to define yourself, your life, in six words. Much harder than I though it would be (evidenced by the fact that Barb sent me the tag on June 2nd and it is now the 5th)

Here's what I think is best:

Through despair, growth and happiness found

I think that it suits me and where I am now. While it pays homage to a past that will always be part of me and will always define part of me, it also expresses that there is a light at the end of my tunnel. I am closer to that light than I have ever been, and the happiness I have now is so much sweeter that I could have hoped for.

Whew!

I am fairly new to this blogging world and I really do not have that many blogging connections yet, so I will be forwarding this to 3 people (even though this is clearly breaking the rules, but I promise I would send it to more if I had more blog buddies that had not already been tagged with this)

1 - Amy (new blogger) from Here We Go Again
2 - Brooke from The Burger Blog

Can't wait to see what they come up with!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

it was hard, wasn't it? But kind of exciting when you think you've got it! Yours fits perfectly...So glad there is so much happiness in your life now. I know it can't take away the other events, but you both deserve a wonderful life with those beautiful boys!

Lisa said...

That's sweet Barb, Thanks.

mom2anangel said...

Lisa, you must have known I have a lot of time on my hands. I'm still thinking but I know I'll come up with something. Thanks for tagging me!

Anonymous said...

Great memoir, thanks for playing my meme. Your boys are adorable!

debi9kids said...

Lisa,
This was just wonderful!
Beautiful words you chose!
:) Debi