Saturday, February 28, 2009

My Date Day with Quentin

Last Sunday Quentin and I had some special time to ourselves while Daddy and Jack held down the fort at home. Both boys had cold the previous week and Quent just breezed through his much faster, leaving jack still feeling pretty icky by Sunday. We had been invited to Lincoln's first birthday party on that Sunday and thought it was better that just Quent and i went. And we made a day of it.

We went out to lunch, Quent's choice. Well, we went to McDonald's and ate inside at a booth - BIG stuff for Quent! He was very excited and several times turned to me and said, "Momma, I am so big!" We had our cheeseburgers and apples and had a nice time just talking and watching all the things going on around us.

Next, we went to Michael's to pick out stickers (we are working on the potty stuff) and sgot some other good stuff too. Quent walked around on his own and did not have to ride in the cart! He liked that very much. It is just impossible to do that with both of them, so it was a big treat for him to be so independent when we were on our own. He picked out rubber balls for he and Jack, they had spiders inside them and he shouted, "Wow, these are spooky!" That got some laughs in the aisle!

Then we were off to the party. Len and Kyle were there too and lots of other family on my Dad's side. Lincoln is my cousin Steve and his wife Stella's little boy. It was a nice party and Quent had a good time playing with Linc and all his toys. It was kind of weird to not have Jack there, but I knew he was doing some special fun stuff with Daddy and getting soem extra rest so he would feel better. Here's some pictures of the party!

Linc and Quent playing


Linc was wondering why this kid is hogging all my toys?


"Hey Lincoln, looks like you are getting a farm!"


Quentin and his Ky-Ky


Steve and Linc in the sea of gifts


the farm was a huge hit with all the kids there


The Birthday boy and his Mom and Dad (Steve and Stella)



Cute Family!


Happy Birthday Lincoln!


On the way home from the party we stopped by Babies r Us for some needed supplies. Whenever I am there with both boys I always say 'not this time' to the ride in the front of the store, but this time I said yes.

"Hey frog, can you believe my Mom put me in this thing?"


I am still not quite awake from my snooze in the car, so will say that I like the ride, but you will get no smile out of me Mom.

I had a funtime on my date with Quent!
This weekend its Jack's turn!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

how fun! Hope you and Jack have fun this weekend!

cat said...

Oh yes, I still need to get the one on one time thing done. But I think this afforded a great oppertunity.