Saturday, May 3, 2008

Oh, the fun we've had...

So, it has been a while since I posted. I have been getting over a nasty sore throat/cough thing that has just wiped me out. But things are much better now and I am able to focus on more enjoyable things. (like catching up on all the laundry I let slide when I was feeling icky :)

Today we (Jack, Quent, and I) went to my Aunt Barb's neighborhood sales. Tom stayed home to get some yard work done before the rain came. The boys had a blast! They got to go for a ride in the stroller, run all around and get cookies from Aunt Barbie. Papa, GG, and Aunt Jean were there too along with Uncle Don, Bryan and Brad. (Gramma was excitedly at Rob and Abby's taking care of Avery and Tessa)
We found a few things along the way, a leap pad game for the boys and a shirt for Tom. I think the only other thing purchased was GG purchased a shirt for Alex. So, not a big buying day. But the weather was nice and whenever Quent and Jack can be outside and play, they are happy.
They saw a frog in Aunt Barbie's pond and a toad that they got to chase around in the grass. It was great fun that wore them out!

We came home for lunch and while Tom got the boys ready for nap, I left for my hair appointment. Nothing exciting or new done to my hair, just a trim and maybe a few new layers added. Then I did some shopping at Toys r us and Kroger. Big Fun. Actually it is nice to get out on my own once in a while, I like to browse and that is hard to do with 2 little guys with me.

On my shopping trip, I found something fun for the boys. Something that Jack would particularly love. Play cameras. Jack is always pretending with things that he is taking your picture. "Cheese Momma, cheese!" and he holds a toy up to his eyes and says "good job." It is super cute and so I thought he would really like to have a 'real' camera of his own. And I have learned that when you come home with cool new toys, you better come home with 2 because even if Quent is not specifically as interested in cameras as Jack - who doesn't love a new toy?!


Jack getting some picture taking pointers from Daddy



Quent taking aim at his subject



Jack sitting on the kitchen floor, trying to figure out how it works and if he can take any of the pieces apart. Because if it can come apart, he will figure it out!



It is just so cool to watch him sit, concentrate and think so hard about something. He is such an active, busy boy, but when he is focused on something he has great determination.
That's my smart Jack.


*same disclaimer as before - I love both my boys and think they are
equally brilliant in their own unique ways.

Take a walk down Memory Lane with me...

Do you remember this? I had this camera when I was little. When you pushed the button down, the little flash cube spun around and in 1 eyepiece you could see your Mom or Dad or whatever you were aiming at, but in the other eyepiece you could see a slide of an animal!
That's exactly what Jack and Quentie's new cameras do. They do not light up or play music, they just click and show you a picture slide. I love it.
Nostalgia - another reason why they had to have it.

1 comment:

debi9kids said...

I had that camera as a kid too! I LOVED it! LOL
So cool that your boys know what to do with a camera! I think my daughter would throw it and my son would eat it. LOL