Saturday, May 24, 2008

Birthday Celebrations

Yes, it is official - I am now 34 years old! ugh (well as of the 21st actually)

Amy asked me if I felt older, and I do. ugh. I just seriously do not think of myself as in my mid-thirties, but I SO am. It's not like I want to be back in my 20's, I like more about where I am now. So, I guess I will just have to suck it up and enjoy the 30's before they are the 40's!

On my birthday Tom made a yummy cake and my parents brought over a Cold Stone Creamery Ice Cream cake - double yum! I got some nice gifts and they all sung Happy Birthday to me. It was sweet. I got lots of calls and cards throughout the day which was super nice. After the boys were in bed, Tom and I had some dinner from Nick's here in town. I got my favorite - the southwest burger (or as I like to refer to it, the giant cholesterol burger, but it is Oh So Good!)

Yesterday (friday) I got to have a whole day celebration! My Mom, my Aunt Jean and I kind of have this tradition of spending a day together for my birthday having lunch and shopping for flowers and plants. And we also do all sorts of other shopping too.
Our day started out having Jack and Quent's 2 year old pictures taken at JC Penneys. (yep, the 2nd birthday is only 2 weeks away!) My Mom and Aunt met us at the mall and after the pics Tom took the boys home while we went shopping. Bath and Body works is having a great sale this weekend, so we all took advantage of that. (Nope I am not getting paid for this advertisement) And the Disney store in the mall is closing so we got some great deals there on stuff for the boys.

We went to Olive Garden for lunch. One of my favorites. It was slow and leisurely and very good. Just Perfect. (and anyone who knows what its like to try to eat while feeding kids, let alone twins, knows that there is nothing leisurely about the pace,so I enjoy actually getting to taste my food when I get the chance :) We were also able to shop for the boys' birthday party supplies before we went to the flower nursery. Its a Cars birthday this year, since there was NO Handy Manny supplies to be found anywhere :(

We went to Piechniks Greenhouse in Clio to look for plants and flowers. We always go there and we always find really nice stuff for a great price. It is customarily my birthday gifts from my Mom and my Aunt Jean that I pick out the flowers that I want for my house and this year I got a pretty bird feeder as well! I think the boys we will really love watching the birds, I am going to put it outside the window by our kitchen table so we can all watch the birds. I found some really beautiful flowers to go in my planters in the front. I am so excited to get everything all spruced up! Mom and Aunt Jean found some good stuff for themselves too, so much that we barely fit all of our shopping loot from the day in my Mom's SUV!

Thanks Mom and Aunt Jean for the fun, great day with me and my beautiful outdoor gifts!


So, all in all, a really happy birthday was had. Even though I feel icky about getting older - I mean can't I just be 28 forever?! - I do appreciate what my years have brought me, and this is where i want to be.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday Dear Lisa...Happy Birthday to you!

Glad you had such a great day to celebrate! You might as well have been in my backyard when at Piechniks! They are right around the corner from us! (ok a mile or two...but close enough!)

Oh...FYI...Brooke started a blog and its on my links...the Burger Blog!