Friday, May 9, 2008

Grateful...

Just because I am feeling grateful right now...

I have really wonderful people in my life. People who love me and support me in ways that I am not sure they even realize. Lately, I have been so wrapped up in completing the tasks that I set out for myself, obsessing over one meaningless thing or another, or lamenting over what seems to be a never-ending run of illnesses that I have had, that I feel like I have not been really paying attention to a lot of the wonderful people in my life.

Most of all, my husband. This man whom I adore more than any other, the fabulous father of my children and the rock that I call home. He doesn't get nearly enough credit for the amazing man that he is. My list is long for all that I am grateful for in my Tom, but here's just a few of the big and little wonderful things about him: He is patient beyond belief. He is rational and clear-headed. He is what keeps me grounded most of the time. He is so silly, like crazy dorky silly, I love that. He has a great laugh and a gorgeous smile. He is passionate about me and his kids. He will do anything to make his boys laugh. He loves me unconditionally (and sometimes that is saying a lot! :)
As a wife, I am grateful.


Oh, there are others...

My parents, a never-ending source of support and love. I think they raised a good girl (if I do say so myself). I hope they are as proud of me as I am of them. They set a good example and what I have learned and still learn from them is immeasurable. It makes me the happiest to watch them with their grandbabies and to see how the kids light up when Gramma and Papa are around. A grandparent's love is limitless and that is never more evident than with my parents.
As a daughter, I am grateful.


My brothers and sisters (technically sister in laws, but ...), more than anything I want my kids to have a fantastic base of people who will always be there, who love them immensely, and who are willing to spoil them at a moments notice, that's what they are. They are good listeners and great advice givers to me and will be for my boys for years to come. I am so grateful that I have a family that is so close and truly enjoys being together.
As a sister, I am grateful.


Speaking of my large family...
Memories of being at my grandparents' house with my family and all my aunts, uncles, and cousins are some of my best memories. Spending Sundays hanging out and having pizza. The birthday parties and the holidays where there is so much laughter, and never a shortage of food! You know that saying "It takes a village..." This is true and exemplified by who I am today, a conglomeration of all those family members who helped make me who I am. My boys will also have memories of big family get-togethers. I love that.
As a granddaughter/niece/cousin, I am grateful.


Ah, my friends...
My girls, who have been there with me through some of the happiest and saddest times I have had. Your family loves you and that is great, but your friends picked you to love and that is special. My girls are the ones that I can laugh the hardest with, confess the best and worst of me, and cry the hardest with. They know my secrets and love me anyway :0 They know who they are, and I hope they know that I love them like sisters and will always be there for them like they have been for me.
As a friend, I am grateful.


And my Boys, my Jack and Quent. As their 2nd birthday approaches, I can't help but think how incredibly lucky I am to have these beautiful little guys in my life. Our journey to them was a hard one, but that journey is what led me to Jack and Quent. I love that I am their Momma. I love that it is me they cry for when they are hurt or sad, that Momma can make it all better. I love when they run to hug me, or give me sloppy kisses, or just want to be held. One day they will be 'too big' for some of those things, so I am soaking up as much as I can now! My babies are getting bigger and I get to be there for the ride.
As a mom, I am grateful.


I am grateful.

5 comments:

mom2anangel said...

Hi! I'm making a comment since you specifically were talking about me :)

Love ya!!

-Amy

debi9kids said...

What a truly lovely post!
Thank you for sharing about all the special people in your life!
Have a Wonderful Mother's day!
:) Debi

Unknown said...

That is so great to be able to step back and take note of all the wonderful people in your life! SO glad you have so much support, love and friendship!

Happy Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

Thanks baby. . .I do read the blog, it's not everyday, but atleast once a week.

Love,
Tom

Anonymous said...

I Don't get choked up much, but that was very special. Your an amazing person Lisa and I am so grateful that I have you and your family in my life. Lots of love.

Tasha