Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Happy Birthday to My Sarah and Jacob

4 years ago today I was in labor waiting for you to come
It was much too soon
21 weeks 2 days gestation
We knew there was little hope

You were planned for
You were hoped for
You were prayed for
Twins, what a blessing
You were loved beyond measure long before we met you

It was out of our control
You would be delivered too soon
Too small
Not ready for the outside world
Our hearts were broken

At 7:05 am Sarah Jane came first
Weighing just 12 ounces
She had Momma's features
At 7:10 am Jacob Robert came
Weighing just 15 ounces
Daddy's hands and toes

We held you wrapped together in your blanket
You met your family
You were baptized
You died knowing all that love, our one comfort
We said our hellos and goodbyes
Our lives would never be the same.

Happy Birthday to you my beautiful angels
Sarah Jane and Jacob Robert

We miss you and love you everyday, but especially today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right, our lives were forever changed on that day. I will never forget seeing their delicate features, such tiny hands and beautiful faces. That day will live forever in my heart.
Grandma Mary

Harris Boys said...

oh my I have tears in my eyes, what a beautiful post and tribute to your angels in heaven. Hope today is one of smiles remembering your babies. ::HUGS::

Brandi said...

Happy Birthday kiddos!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Sarah and Jacob! You know those names are special to me, too. I often think of your two and thank God for my two and your handsome boys, as well.

cat said...

I pray that you will always receive the courage to remember your little angels. Love and light to you.