Sunday, August 3, 2008

Baby Picture Sundays - Smell the Flowers

I took Debi's Sunday Baby photo challenge and looked for pictures of Jack and Quent with some flowers. I must have some right. I literally have thousands of photos of these kids, I am sure to have some with them smelling flowers, touching flowers, looking at flowers?

NOPE.

After I read Barb's post on this, about her not remembering Jacob having pictures with flowers, I thought "hey I am not alone, see - another boy with no flower pictures."
I don't feel so bad.
Then later in that post, darn it, she found some!

Although I must say in my defense, Barb and her husband have great pictures of their beautiful flower gardens around their home on the blog. Obviously they have pretty green thumbs, I do not.

So, maybe I just need to have more exposure for my boys. I wondered, are they just boys and therefore are innately not interested in flowers? Or, have I fallen into that stereotype that boys don't like flowers, so I don't encourage them to explore flowers?
Hmmm... Something to think about.
Again, in my defense, I must say that Jack and Quent have a play kitchen, a baby doll, and are extremely nurturing little men, when they are not wrestling and throwing things that is :)

So, here it is - the ONE picture that I found. It is of me and the boys on Mother's Day of 2007 in front of our Lilac bush in bloom. Basically, there are flowers in the picture, not that the boys are necessarily aware of them, we just happen to be posing in front of them.

It still counts, right?

Check out Debi's photo challenge and see who else is playing along!

3 comments:

debi9kids said...

Great picture! It does still count! :)
The lilacs are just GORGEOUS in this picture!!! LOVE lilacs! My favorite!

Thanks for playing along!
:) debi
ps Thanks for all of your support these last few days.

Brooke said...

Hey Lisa....Barb can have her pretty flowers.....we always will have dandelions!

Seriously, usually I am not taking pics with flowers, because I am pulling them out of their mouths!

Love the lilac bush pic...and the bush too, I love lilacs, we are attempting to grow one here.

Unknown said...

hey! Stop ganging up on me! Hehe! Honestly, Paul gets the credit...not me, but I do like what we have! :-)

Glad I'm not the only one who had trouble finding my kiddo with flowers. He honestly is not interested in them like Sarah is...she LOVES to look at the flowers. Jacob - well he likes to find all the sticks and take them to the dogs...haha!