Saturday, April 12, 2008

Catching up on our week

Well, we had a pretty eventful week this week.
Tuesday -
We went to visit GG (that's my maternal grandma) and my Alex. She takes care of Alex while my Uncle Andrew works. I am the oldest of my Grandma's 20 grandchildren, I am 33 years old, Alex is the youngest at 4 years old. Quite an age span, huh? Jack and Quent have so much fun over there, mostly because they get to play with Alex, but also cuz GG has so many fun things to get into and she spoils them. Seriously, give a kid full reign over a house and cookies and they are set! Meanwhile, I run around trying to make sure that none of GG's things get broken.
Back in the day, when I was younger, plenty of stuff got broken at Grandma's house and not that I am copping to any of it - but I'm just saying. We used to play in her basement and oh baby did we get in some trouble. Now I know how my Mom must have felt when us kids were trying to tear the place apart! It seems though nowadays that GG has so many nice, expensive, irreplaceable things that i just want to be sure my kids are not the crazies that tore up her nice things.
But GG, she is so calm and just says, "oh, he's okay. Do you like that Jack/Quent? That's pretty, isn't it?" But I am jumping out of my skin to get to whoever has it and get it from them before it becomes a projectile!

But I digress...
Here's the three boys playing with GG


All this playin' makes a boy tired!


Wednesday -
Momma had some tummy troubles, but thankfully it was probably food related and not something that anyone else got. Daddy took care of the boys, Daddy saves the day yet again!

Friday -
We had visitors! Gramma, Aunt Betty, Aunt Tasha, and the kids Tyler, Alexis, Aleah and Sydney all came over. We played, had pizza for lunch and got to give presents to Aunt Tasha, Tyler, Alexis , and Aleah whose birthdays are all in March and April. All the kids had a good time and us ladies had fun gabbin' and gossipin'. (you know we had to catch up on all the latest!)
Just because I am that absentminded sometimes, I took no pictures of that day :(
Later, when it was just Gramma, me and the boys we were lucky enough to spend and hour and a half in our basement during a tornado warning! **sarcasm alert**
I HATE our basement, really hate hate hate it. It is old, has low ceilings,no natural light, and scares the heebie jeebies out of me. (is that the correct spelling for heebie jeebies?) And the only time you will find me going down there is because it is the safest place for us to be in a storm. I try my hardest to act like its okay so that I don't scare the boys, but blechhh. We have a playpen that we keep down there so that there is a safe place for the boys just in case one of us is here alone. Good thing Gramma was still here to help and to keep us company.

Wonder what the weekend will bring?!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the new background! So bright and springy!