Sunday, April 26, 2009

Rainy, cold March of Dimes day :(

Today was our March of Dimes Walk and even though we did an AWESOME job with our donations
(THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO DONATED!!),
it was a crappy weather day. It was about 45 degrees, foggy, and cloudy. Rain threatened for the morning, but it was just damp and yucky. It had rained and stormed all night last night, so it was just a muddy mess. (okay I will stop describing the weather now)

Needless to say, it was not quite ideal walking weather and it was definitely not kid friendly weather either. So, my Mom and I went and I turned in our pledges and we stayed for a little while. There were some brave die-hards who did do the walk - very impressive. The real stinker is that later in the afternoon it was sunny and warmer - what would have been perfect walking weather. Oh well, we can't control the weather and hopefully it will be better next time!

Here I am at the walk!
Unfortunately not so busy this year:(
Thank you again to all our generous family and friends that donated for us again this year!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow...there really wasn't anyone there? I still feel bad that we didn't make it, but not as bad knowing many others skipped out too. Yeah, bummer that the day cleared up so nicely this afternoon - would have been a much better turnout.

Who all from our team did make it? I think I saw Dorothy made it, anyone else?

debi9kids said...

Oh. I am sad to see it wasn't very busy this year :(
I am glad you were able to raise a decent amount and wonderful to see you walked. Such a fantastic cause!
Blessings!

Brooke said...

I missed you! We made it, it was a bit cold, the kids all were troopers. About halfway the weather did get a bit better, still a bit chilly. After hanging out for lunch the sun did come out and the kids were all able to play outside on the playground. I have a few pics I will post tonight or tomorrow.

Congrats on the donations, you did awesome!