Friday, April 17, 2009

I'm still here...

First of all , thank you for the sweet comments left by some of you on my last post. Joshua's birthday is this Sunday and it makes my heart smile to know that everyone gets to know so much about our first baby boy.

I have yet to post lots of adorable pictures from our really fun Easter weekend. It just hasn't happened this week, but it will soon.

Quent had his tubes put in his ears yesterday morning and he did spectacularly! I always thought his hearing was pretty good, but there is a definite improvement since the surgery. Last night, he told Tom, "There's something coming Daddy, there is something coming!!" Turns out he was hearing the clock in their room ticking. He had not heard it before (or at least in a while) obviously! So, he is for sure feeling the benefits, thank goodness for him!

At my Mothers of multiple meeting last night I was voted in as vice president for the 2009-2010 year! Pretty exciting, I am sure I will love taking a more active part in the group! Congrats to all the other members of the board too!

Now that the boys are finally healthy and its warm and beautiful out this week - I am sick.
What started out as allergies has now become a nasty cold-like illness. Yippee. So, I feel like complete crap and am SO tired. Moms don't often get to call in sick, but Tom is going to come home early to save me and get the boys outside to have fun since the sun is killing my head and they really should get to go out and play on a beautiful day.

Just wanted to let you all know that I am still here!

And for those of you who might be looking for some fun shopping on Sunday and you are in the area, check out my friend Amy's March of Dimes fundraiser!
Here's her advertisement form her blog:

*************
March of Dimes Shopping Extravaganza

It's time for our 2nd Annual March of Dimes vendor show!!
Sunday, April 19th from 11 - 3 at Huron Valley Lutheran High School - 33740 Cowan Road in Westland. The following vendors will be in attendance:

Aloette
Avon
Cash for Gold, Silver & Coins!
Celebrating Home
Close To My Heart
Cookie Lee
Creative Memories
Gold Canyon Candles
Greener Generations
Handmade knitted items
Pampered Chef
Simply fun
Sterling Silver Jewelry
Tastefully Simple
Two Sisters & Party Lite
Uppercase Living

In addition you can pamper yourself with a new hair cut by professional stylist Nicole List and get a soothing Parafin Hand Treatment by Holly Pounders

Stop by Ian's Famous Lemonade stand and the Bake Sale too

We do this in memory of Madison Hope Henzi and Nathaniel Martin Hannewald who became angels in 2007. The money raised will go directly to the March of Dimes - March for Babies.
**********

Later all!

4 comments:

cat said...

Love the new look with the monkeys! Hope you feel better soon and congratulations.

Unknown said...

Congrats and welcome to the board! I've enjoyed being on it this year and I'm so glad you'll join us for the upcoming year! Yeah!!

I'm soooo glad all went well with Quent's ears. Do I remember hearing that Jack needs them too? Glad this is easier than the tonsils! :-)

Have a good weekend and hope you feel betteR!

MindyGirl said...

Thinking of you today friend! I love you and miss you and can't wait to be back in the same time zone :)

Brooke said...

Wow that is crazy about hearing the clock, our next appt is in a few weeks.

Congrats on being VP, I know you will do a great job!