Sunday, March 15, 2009

What a week!

This has been a long week.

A really long week. Here's the highlights and lowlights...

We started our week with a stomach bug. Quentin got it first and started with the vomiting and diarrhea at my parents house on Sunday. He woke up at 5:30 Monday morning covered in poo. Poor guy, and poor Mom and Dad for having to clean up that smelly mess. Neither boy had much of an appetite for a few days, but played and seemed okay (other than the icky diapers, Jack joined in by late Tuesday).

So, we had to miss out on a play date with my mothers of multiples group which was a bummer, but it sounds like most of the families have had a similar experience lately so, we thought it not best to give it to some of them again. Luckily Tom and I never got any of it.

I spent Tuesday night doing the grocery shopping because even though it was rainy, it was about 50 degrees and Wed. the temp plummeted to 20 degrees. That's how the weather has been lately, warm and cold and warmer and colder - ugh.

Thursday, feeling much better, the boys got to spend some time at Aunt Jean and Uncle Jack's while Tom and I went for eye appointments. They had a really good time there, and thankfully they did not have to go with us and be bored and likely in trouble. Thanks Aunt Jean and Uncle Jack!
The crappy news from that appt. is that I will now be wearing glasses most of the time. I knew I had an astigmatism in my right eye (its a family thing that most in my Mom's family have) and it had not been too much trouble in the past. Lately, i have been squinting A LOT and that is causing major headaches and eye fatigue. So, I thought it was time to get the eyes checked again. Tom was due for new glasses and I thought I would probably be told that I would need glasses for certain times, but NO. The Dr. wants me to wear them pretty much all the time, my right eye is just that bad. Luckily my left eye is so good that I have been able to compensate a little so that I can see pretty well, just not when my left eye is closed!! I will post pics of the new glasses when they come in - but I am not happy about it - it will be a big adjustment for me!

Friday, Tom stayed home on Friday - that was a surprise - and went to playgroup with us! The boys loved that! We had a fun day together all day, running some errands and going to my parents' house for dinner. that was a great day with pretty nice weather.

Yesterday was a beautiful sunny, warm day! The boys stayed home with Daddy and went for a long walk around town with him. They told me about all the cool things they saw, including a train that was stopped and the engineer waved and tooted the horn at them. It was very exciting for them!
I spent the day with my Mom and Aunt Barb to 'Shipshewana on the Road' and shopping at the outlets. We had a really nice, relaxing day shopping and chatting, finding some good deals too!

Needless to say, today definitely needs to be the day of rest. I did some housework this morning and the boys just came in from playing outside with Daddy. Now we are all headed up for a little Sunday snooze.

4 comments:

Brandi said...

I have a similar issue with my eyes! My left eye is crap. When I was reading the chart (or trying I should say) I started laughing and told the doc I had never realized I was blind in one eye!

Glad everyone is feeling so much better. We had the bug, and I am so glad it is over!

Unknown said...

Glad everyone is feeling better! Us, too! :-) Yeah!

Welcome to the 'glasses' club. I've worn them since I was in 4th grade, I think. I usually wear contacts, but resort to the glasses when I'm tired. I hate wearing them too other than around home. Good luck with them!

cat said...

Oh a little Sunday snooze - how I would just love that! Hope this week is in general more healthy, and good luck with the glasses. Make sure they are funky as can be and wair them proudly.

debi9kids said...

Sorry that you had that yucky stomach bug! :(
So glad you are all feeling better now and were able to enjoy yourselves a little bit as a family. (how nice of Tom to stay home to play!)