Monday, January 4, 2010

Do you love the '80s?

If you do, you will certainly appreciate this one!

One of my MOMs friends sent this to me in an email.
Tom and I laughed out loud!  It is freakin' hilarious!


This is a perfect example of the ridiculous stuff that was in '80s music videos.
Ridiculous and FABULOUS!
I vividly remember the era of the music video.  When MTV would schedule the 'World Premiere' of a new video we would make sure we watched to see what awesomeness would be on. Then talk to our friends about how cool it was. We watched MTV and sang and danced along at sleepovers.  That was how we knew the cool clothes to wear, how to do our makeup, how high to rat our hair!  Not everyone on MTV was beautiful back then, but that didn't seem to matter.  (Seriously, think about some of the hair bands, definitely not  the pretty boy band cuteness of today).
The music video was part of the culture of my youth.
Now that MTV rarely plays a music video at all, its kind of sad.
Then again, today it is not the same - videos today are at all  like the videos of the 80's were.  Makes me feel nostalgic for the old days of crazy lyrics, bad lighting, fugly band members, cheap visual effects, huge hair and silly outfits and seemingly random plot scenes!

Ahhh, those were the days!

3 comments:

cat said...

Oh I remember those days! That video has me in tears, laughing and laughing.

debi9kids said...

LMAO! I LOVED MYV back then! Definitely the good old days! LOL

Brooke said...

Too funny, we loved that song (the normal version of course). My cousin Kati and I used to stand up and turn around every time they said turn around, many fun memories, she passed away 16 yrs ago.:-(