Thursday, December 31, 2009

Wrapping up 2009 - Part 1

Here is the first installment of all the awesome pictures and memories that I had not yet included on the blog.  Really, things that I do not want to forget! 
In the last few months I have not been on top of the blogging about all the stuff that I had wanted, I have taken tons of pictures and done lots of fun things with the boys and our family and friends. 
Be prepared to be bombarded!!



In August we attended my Mom's family's reunion.  This is a pic of my Mom's immediate family that came.
In the back row: Uncle Andrew, Aunt Erin, my Dad, Uncle Jim, and Uncle Donnie
In the front row:  Uncle Don, Aunt Barb, Brad, my Gramma (or GG to the boys), my Mom, Aunt Anne, me, and Tom
Alex, Quent, and Jack are in the very front of all of us.
It was a fun time at the park, the weather was beautiful
and we celebrated my Gramma's 80th birthday with a super cute cake -




She was surprised and it was a lot of fun for everyone!

The big downer of the day was my accident at the end of our day.
We were getting into the van to get home and as I leaped into the passenger seat  - and by 'leaped' I truly mean that I really took a leap into the van - I banged my forehead on the door frame.
HARD.
It was very painful, and I definitely saw stars.  The wind blowing on my head hurt.
Well, I ended up with a mild concussion that was painful for days. 
I am still amazed that I did that to myself.

************

We got in some swimming at Aunt Margaret and Uncle Eldon's pool over the summer. 
They live so close and the boys absolutely love swimming, it was always a good time!


Quent in his shades


Jack is debating whether he will actually jump off to Daddy


"no, you go first, no, you go first"


Do you just love those swim floaties?!  I thought they were so cute.
And they work awesome!



Cute little posing Jack.

(Yes, I was swimming that day too.  And yes, there are no pictures of Momma in the bathing suit - and that's the way I like it!)

**********


One day the boys ad I just took off with our zoopass and did a trip on our own for the day.
Just Momma and her boys.  We had a good time, it is so nice that they are at the age that we can do some of that stuff on our own and not have to wait for a time for someone to go with us to help out.
My big boys.


Jack and Quent were both very brave and got their arms painted with a snake for Jack and a tiger for Quent.  Every other time we have visited the zoo ans they have the face/arm painting station open, neither one have wanted to go anywhere near it.  But this time Quent wanted one, and once Quent was doing it, Jack decided he wanted one too.  They were so proud!


**********

You don't turn 80 everyday.
So we had to celebrate GG's (my Gramma) 80th in style!




GG getting some help from  the kids with her gifts.


Another beautiful cake for a beautiful Gramma
(notice Jack mid-run in the background)


Uncle Dan, Aunt Sue, Rob
My Mom and Tessa watch GG blow out her candles.


It's a good thing there are lots of grandkids/ and great grandkids to help GG blow out her candles!!



My boys love a good birthday song - you can tell they are just belting it out!


Tessa is patiently waiting for her piece of that cake!



My Mom, Aunt Jean, Gramma, and me


GG with Quent, Tessa, Becky (being held by her dad Tim) and Jack



Quent with his Gramma


And of course there had to be swimming!!
Even though it was pretty chilly, the kids all wanted to swim, so the guys (Tom, Rob, and Len) braved the cool weather to get the kids in the water.

Tessa paddling away for Rob


Is she not the cutest little Tessa Bean?!


Daddy and Quent - just trying not to chatter those little teeth



If you stayed under the water I guess it was pretty warm IN the pool -
these kids did not care, they love the water!


Jack and Len  swimming in the background
Quent and Daddy making their way to the side.


Tessa's big thing that day was "I deed it"  (I did it)
She would yell it out and throw her arms up, "I deed it!!"
It was pretty much adorable.


**********


What's so interesting about a school bus, you say?



Can you see that the top of it says "Old School"?!
And you probably can't see that the inside is totally decked out party bus-style!


What was so hilarious was that it was parked outside of the this establishment -



We were driving by on our way home from GG's birthday party and I was like - 
what is a school bus doing there?!
You don't see many school buses in front of places like this, so I had to have Tom stop so that I could take pictures.  Literally I was thinking "this would be a funny thing to put on the blog".  It was too funny!!
Too bad it took me so long to get it here!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

love the new blog look and especially LOVE the comment about being a referee!! soooooooo true!!!

Happy New Year! See you soon!