Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Meet the Press

First of all, yes I am still here.
Maybe I have writer's block (not that I consider myself a true 'writer') or maybe I am just preoccupied, but I have not been so into blogging lately. I read others' blog and will still comment sometimes, but just feel a little out of it lately. I'm hoping that will break soon.

Anyway, I could not resist bragging about my little men and their press coverage this past weekend and join in on Two for Twos-day:

This is from our area newspaper this Sunday, it was taken at our little library in town. Quent was a winner (of the puzzle he is holding) in their summer reading program. Both boys were involved in the program, but Quent's name was drawn randomly to win. Every time you brought your books back to the library they would add the total to your tally and each time you reached a goal (10 books, 15 books, etc) you got a little prize. The bigger prizes were drawn at the end of the summer.

Quent was very proud and they were both excited to see what his surprise might be! Momma was excited to be asked if they could put their picture in the paper and even more excited to see their picture on the FRONT PAGE!! Actually taking up 1/2 of the front page!

My little superstars - just their first time in print I am sure!




4 comments:

Unknown said...

saw this on FB but had to comment again how cute they look! J&S love going to the library here, too!!

debi9kids said...

YEAH! What a wonderful way to earn a prize and LOVE this photo!!!

Thanks so much for playing along today :)

ps Totally know what you mean. Just about every other day I think about not blogging anymore...lol

cat said...

Oh wow, what a great encuragment! Great to see you back - I miss you girl!

Brooke said...

How cool is that? Gotta love the library.

I've been slacking too, glad to see someone slacking with me.