Monday, June 8, 2009

Hey Hey Hey - look who's 3!!

Jack and Quent are 3 years old!!

Can you believe it?! I can hardly believe it.
Wasn't it just yesterday that I held those 2 little sweeties in my arms together?Or just not that long ago when they were still so little?
Did I blink, weren't they just my little toddlers?

Well, as of yesterday, June 7th, they are officially 3 - no longer my baby boys, but my big boys!
We celebrated the boys 3rd birthday yesterday with a family party here at home. They had requested dinosaur birthday cakes, so that's what Momma made sure they had. It was an exciting day for us all, but the boys were the most excited by far!
They got to play with lots of their cousins and lots of family all the while soaking up the nice weather outside. They got some really nice gifts, fun stuff that they will get to use this summer and college fund gifts (great!!).
Thanks to all our family that came to celebrate with us and for the cool gifts for the boys.

"Happy Birthday to Jackson..."


"Happy Birthday to Quentin..."



Here's a close up look at those dino cakes:




Last week, my Mom and I took the boys to a local park to get their pictures taken for their birthday. My friend, Melanie, a fellow twin Momma, took the pictures.
She did an awesome job as evidenced by the pics below!!
These are just the few that I chose, there were lots of cute ones to choose from.






Thanks so much Melanie - you did such a beautiful job capturing my sweet boys personalities! I just LOVE these pictures!!

And if anyone wants info on how to contact Melanie for her services, just ask and I will pass her info on to you!

ps - still working on potty training, I think we are making progress!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Amazing cakes, Lisa! You made them right? I Remember you have some awesome cake-making skills!!

I'm definitely keeping Melanie in mind...;-) I've got a lil guy turning 6 months old this summer....

debi9kids said...

OMGosh! Those pictures are just beautiful!
Where did your babies go??? They really do look like BIG boys now! WOW!

Love those cakes! You are AWESOME!!!

cat said...

Oh Happy Birthday boys! You are so grown up! Those cakes are gorgeous Lisa - we are thinking dinosaurs too. ANd the pictures are priceless.

Brooke said...

Happy belated Birthday Jack and Quent! I thought Jack's dinosaur was a Backyardigan at first, lol! Something about the eyes. They are really cute, did you make them?

Melanie did a great job too!

We need to set a playdate up for a bunch of us soon.

debi9kids said...

Lisa,
I just wanted to thank you for your comment you left for me today. I know how much you have experienced with loss and it means so much to me to have someone not only understand but say it as you did.
I always worry that my pain will bring Jess down and it's comforting to think she will see it differently.
Thank you so VERY much!
Blessings.
Debi