Sunday, March 9, 2008

Mom and Dad's day out!

Tom and I got to have a wonderful day out on our own yesterday (saturday). Uncle Lenny and Aunt Ky-Ky (my brother Len and his wife Kyle) came to stay with Jack and Quent while we were out and about for the whole day! The boys were soooo happy for "Yenny" and "Ky-Ky" to come over and they take such good care of our boys, it makes going away to do things on our own so easy when we know the boys are in great hands of people who love them so much! Thank you Len and Kyle!!

There was some business stuff to do, like I got a haircut, we got our taxes done (Yippee!) and of course there was diaper buying. But there was also grown up clothes shopping, movies, and dinner. We saw 'Jumper' and it was pretty good, movie theater popcorn is almost my favorite part of any movie though :)
We ate at Bar Louie, which we had never been. The food was good, it was a little loud and smoky though.

**warning soapbox moment**

Okay - so you may be thinking "smoky"? um, the word 'Bar' is in the name, what did I expect, right? Well, they asked smoking or non smoking when we arrived and we specifically waited for the non smoking table and silly me, I assume that when they ask that they actually have separate sections for those.
Nope.
Joke's on me - and anyone else that wanted to eat without the cloud of smoke. It's literally just one big room and I guess the invisible line between the smoking and non smoking tables was supposed to hold the smoke back. It doesn't, thanks for nothing.

Moving on from that little rant...

The best part of the day: I had a fabulous day with my husband, my Tom. He is just so goofy sometimes and makes me laugh more than anyone can. I just love him so much and love being with him.
Thanks Tom for such a great day with you!

No comments: