Monday, March 16, 2009

Makes my Monday

OH - it just Makes My Monday (or any day for that matter) that Jack and Quent are old enough to actually "play" outside and really enjoy themselves just playing in our yard!

Not too long ago I remember dragging the big blanket out there for them to play on with some toys and carrying them out one by one to the blanket - those days are SO over!! (which can be a good and bad thing!)

They had a blast today exploring the yard, digging in the dirt, climbing on their fort/slide, trying out the big boy swings, giggling like crazy at each other, playing baseball, basketball and golf, and helping Momma do some around the yard work, cleaning and filling the bird feeder, and cleaning out the van!
More than once i would hear one of them say, "what a beautiful, sunny day" (a phrase they no doubt picked up from Tom or I) or "I'm having fun!" then the other would say "No - I am having fun!" (we are in an argumentative phase right now, but even that seems way less annoying when you are out in the fresh air!)

Seeing my big boys be curious, playful big boys in the great outdoors really Makes My Monday!!

See who else has a Makes my Monday post over at Twinfatuation!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree!! They had so much fun this weekend and again today playing and really running all over the yard! Kicking balls, running around, climbing, swinging, riding bikes, etc! They helped daddy clean up sticks and pine cones on Saturday and Jacob watched daddy start a big burn pile! (Sarah wanted no part of it and came inside just before then).

cat said...

I so agree - the best place to play for a kid is outdoors. And gettign dirty is such fun.